Thursday, April 12, 2012

Greatest Servant = Greatest Leader

Last night my hubby and I were at a service where ministers in our area were being certified, licensed, and ordained. Two of my hubby's closest friends were in this group. Before the ceremonies began, there were 2 men honored who had been in ministry for over 50 years. It was so humbling thinking of the experiences that they must have had in 50 years of ministry.

As I watched this group of men and women being commissioned and prayed over, I started to think about the men and women leaders that I've known or been led by in my life. I can think of some that were so humble, so genuine, and so Spirit led that they made huge impacts in my future. I can also think of some who were so absorbed with self that the experiences I had with them became stumbling blocks of unforgiveness in my own walk with Christ. My heart breaks for them, wondering what terrible experiences they've gone through that would callous their hearts so much and cause them to treat people with such contempt and haughtiness.

I could only hope that one day I would be one of those people that God has allowed to be in ministry for so long. It's more than overwhelming thinking of the pride, pain, and bitterness that could creep in and forever change my disposition. My prayer is that I would completely rely on God for every detail of my life, and that He would keep my heart soft and genuine.


 "I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! I'm staying alert and in top condition. I'm not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself." 1 Corinthians 9:26-27


No comments:

Post a Comment