Monday, April 16, 2012

Bring on the Mom Squad!

Ginger ale, Lysol, saltines, more Lysol, yeah that pretty much sums up my weekend. I don't get sick often. In fact I think I remember getting sick one time in the last 5 years. It's a good thing too. Because I turn into a high maintenance queen when I get sick. It's true, I admit it. I unapologetically LOVE to be babied when I'm sick. Well, I used to....

You see, this is my first real experience of being sick since being a mommy, and even since being a wife. Let me tell you, mommies don't get sick days. (If you're a mommy, you already know this.)  I spent the entire weekend feeling like roadkill while still trying to run a household. My hubby had a busy weekend with the youth group, so me and Chloe stuck it out at the fort together.

My sweet baby girl. I really see in her such a heart of compassion. She would come up to me and lay her head beside mine, just to snuggle, it was so sweet. With care she'd ask me "Mommy poop?" when I had my head hanging over the toilet. HA! However, when she'd had enough of mom trying to clock out for the day, she would say "MOMMY, UP!"  I would muster up any ounce of strength I could find, and we'd color, or play with play dough, or look at family photo albums (one of her favorite things to do).

She caught a little bit of the ickies on Saturday night so we stayed home from church on Sunday. I caught Bellview Baptist on t.v. and Pastor Steve Gaines was preaching on "Healthy people don't need a doctor, sick people do." How timely! ;)

To be honest, all I really wanted to do this weekend was lock myself in my bedroom, turn off my phone, and go M.I.A. until I felt 100% better. That just does NOT happen when you're a mommy. If you mommies out there have figured out a way to make that happen, please fill me in. 

After about the 20th time of cleaning the house and turning right around and finding another mess to clean, I did come up with an ingenious idea. There should be a business of on-call mommies! They could swoop in and save the day when you just can't. Then swoop out as if they were never there. Ninja mommies! Or Mommies Angels (instead of Charlies).  Something like this....

I could've used a cleaning mommy, a cooking mommy, and a personal secretary. The only thing I wouldn't give up is those sweet cuddling times with my baby girl. What do you think moms? What mom squad member could you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment